Thursday, March 1, 2012

My Valentine Creations.

 Sorry I disappeared for so long, but I have been so busy with Valentines and now a convention. guess the best thing to share first is all my Vday goodies I made. I decided I wanted to do the kids their own Vday cards and you saw those already, but for the teachers I wanted to do something special. So I saw this idea on Pinterest somewhere about decorating bottles for Christmas and Valentines and putting candy in them so I did that for the teachers.
That turned out well and the teachers loved them!! So since that went over well I thought I'd do the same for the kids and James. Dorian really likes The Amazing world of Gumball so I made a Valentine of that and put it on the bottle. Tristian really likes zombies, but I didn't think I could get away with taking him a Walking Dead bottle so I compromised and made him an Adventure Time bottle with a zombie coming through the window. I cleverly wrote "I'm going to get you, Valentine" onto the label of this one. Kind of a throw back to Dawn of the Dead. :) He loved it, but then he saw the one I made for James later and totally wished he had that one. James is the BIGGEST zombie fan ever and he is really liking The Walking Dead right now so I made his with the reaching zombie and wrote "Be Mine!!" on his. He really loved his. So much so that we are making more of these amazing bottles in non Valentine manner to sale at our conventions and such.




When I took the kids their bottles at school on Valentines Day I wrapped them up and stuck their favorite bigger candies in the bag around the bottle. Also to make it really fun I stuck little love notes in their bottles with the candy.



Now I have a sister who lives in the same town as me and we get together every Sunday to watch the Walking Dead together and I just knew that after all the other bottles tuning out so great that I just HAD to make her one featuring her favorite character from the show. Daryl is a very tough guy, but he is also a very sweet guy and just doesn't want to let anyone in since he has had such a rough life and was heartbroken many times in his life. So Johnny just absolutely loves him. So I made her this bottle and wrote "Watch out for Cupid's arrow, he's a tricky little Bastard."  Now she was the most excited I would have to say. When I gave her the bottle she was so excited and held the bottle close to her and has been caught on numerous occasions even since then just staring at her bottle. I was so excited that she loved it so much. It truly made me happy.

Now for James I had to do more and not only is he a big zombie fan but he loves comic books as well, so this idea I actually came up with myself and was totally excited about how it turned out so well. Not that there hasn't been anyone to do it before, I'm sure it has been done before. But anyways I took pre-made Valentine's I found on the internet of comic book pics and put them on a box of chocolates. I would have made the Valentine's myself, but I made this before the bottles so I hadn't thought of that yet. I also knew I had to use the Simpson's Valentine so I just made that on the side. Now the comic book page rose was what I was really proud of. How perfect to give him a rose that he can keep and really enjoy. Next year for Valentine's I just might have to make a tutorial on how to make the rose or maybe I will just make one anyways since you can give a rose to someone on any occasion. So I hope that you enjoyed the post and maybe gave you some great ideas on what to do for a loved one next year.










No comments:

Post a Comment